I couldn't have created this makeover without being a magpie (the second definition--not the first). I certainly chat idly, just ask my husband, but I also do a lot of collecting as an avid garage sale-er. The things I collect are of little use or value until I am able to use them to create. And create I did...
- The dresser itself is part of my furniture stash. I got it for free at a garage sale a few weeks ago.
- The hardware replacements I had I also got at a garage sale for $.25 each.
- The paint is part of a stash of oops and Sherwin Williams samples I can't stop buying.
- Finally the wood appliques I used to add character, but also cover up hidden damage that was behind to original hardware.
- I got the wood appliques at Michaels last year when they were having a clearance. I think I paid $.39 for a pack of three.
I painted it two coats of Green Spout color from Sherwin Williams, distressed it and waxed it with Minwax Finishing Paste.
I stripped the top and stained it along with the wood appliques Minwax Dark Walnut.
I used wood glue to hold the appliques in place (you can see a little at the bottom of the photo since it was still drying) and then added the white ceramic knobs.
It's a combination of a bunch of different things I had and I love what it added up to!
DIY Showoff | Silver Pennies | Craft-O-Maniac | I Should Be Mopping The Floor | Homecoming | The Dedicated House | Coastal Charm | A Stroll Through Life | Love Grows Wild | Table For Seven | Kammy's Korner | VMG206 | Not Just A Housewife | The Winthrop Chronicles | Elizabeth & Co. | The DIY Dreamer | Power of Paint | Home Stories Z to Z | Art Is Beauty | Savvy Southern Style | Fluster Buster | Polka Dots On Parade | The Real Housewives of Riverton | The Happy Housie | Lamberts Lately | I Gotta Create | Domestic Superhero | Living Well Spending Less | My Repurposed Life | Just Between Friends | Redoux Interiors | The Thrifty Groove | Liz Marie | Miss Mustard Seed | The Pin Junkie | Craft Dictator | Crafty Allie | Lovely Crafty Home | Remodelaholic | Today's Creative Blog | DIY Vintage Chic | Funky Junk Interiors | Too Much Time On My Hands