Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sports Theme Redos

This desk was from the first auction I went to.  
My husband has been painting pieces here and there and wanted to paint the desk. He is a huge Giants fan and painted the door leading from our garage to our basement in Giants colors. 
That was his inspiration for these redos.  We live in PA, so he went with PA teams instead of the Giants.
Apparently Lowes has all sports team colors on file for you to get the colors mixed easy.  He used Eagles green, black and grey mixed into homemade chalk paint.
On the front drawer he added the team logo and it is actually a key chain that he got a local sports store and found the large sticker on the side at Wal Mart.  He did not distress (not his style) and waxed it with Minwax Finishing Paste.
He also painted a chair to match.  The chair was a roadside freebie.  We always have one or two laying around and it just makes it easier for a desk sell if you have a chair to match it.  

Right after he painted the desk, he chose to paint this small dresser that I got at the hoarder garage sale in the Phillies team colors.

This time he primed first and painted with latex paint without making into chalk paint.  I figured since he doesn't like to distress there is no point in using it as chalk paint.
The original knobs were floral so he replaced all but two with wood knobs he painted and then used the baseball knobs I got at the Salvation Army.  This dresser is really small, so he just used a small team sticker.  

These two pieces are going to make a little sports fan really happy!

Linking to:
I Heart Naptime
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Dwellings
Craft-O-Maniac
Coastal Charm
Better With Age
Cozy Little House
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Lolly Jane  
Today's Creative Blog
Kammy's Korner
PJH Designs
Elizabeth & Co.
Not Just A Housewife
DIY Dreamer
{Primp}
Savvy Southern Style
The Rustic Pig
If Its Not Baroque
Fluster Buster
Green Willow Pond
Southern Lovely
The Real Housewives of Riverton 
Not Done Growing
All Things With Purpose
I Gotta Create
Beyond The Picket Fence
Embracing Change
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Crafty Blog Stalker
House of Hepworths
Domestic Superhero
Miss Mustard Seed
The Shabby Nest 
The Best Blog Recipes
Redoux
Finding Fabulous  
Crafty Scrappy Happy

Funky Junk Interiors
Six Sisters' Stuff

14 comments:

  1. Such fun colors Susan. Love the transformations!

    xx
    Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did a great job, love them! Going to check out your homemade chalk paint!
    Thanks so much for linking with AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a Steelers theme should be the next one made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute and creative transformations! I would love for you to come link up to my party and follow along! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2013/04/get-social-sunday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea! I just wanted to let you know that I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award. Go check out my blog at http://www.theprincessandhercowboys.com to get all the info and I'm excited to see all your amazing talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! we are redecorating the kids rooms and their furniture, this may be an option. Pinning so that I can show them. Thank you for sharing on Fluster’s Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  7. They turned out great! I recently did both of my boys' desks and dressers in chalkboard paint, I wish I'd had this idea!I have a few Phillies fans who would love a sports themed room. Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun pieces! He did a wonderful job painting them. Thanks so much for joining us at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute Susan! You need to keep all the fans happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hubby did a great job painting these. Give him a pat on the back :) Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being a huge Philly sports team fan, I LOVE these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WҺen somеone writes an piece οf writig he/ѕhe retains tҺe image off ɑ user in ɦis/her brin tɦat ɦow a user cаn understand
    it. Տo that's wɦy tɦis article is amazing. Tɦanks!


    Feel free tߋ surf tto mƴ web pave buy instagram likes

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. (Plans Review + Book Download) - 16000 Woodworking Plans and Projects...
    https://woodworkingplanspro.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all your comments. I now reply to all comments on the blog post, so please check back if you asked questions for my response.
Thank you!