Sunday, July 14, 2013

Top 10 Dresser Makeovers

Dressers are the best makeovers!  I love the process of painting them.  My favorite part is after everything is painted and waxed, to put the drawers back in and attach the hardware.  I spend so much time with the dresser separated from it's drawers that when it all comes together it is a fun reveal right before my eyes!

I have put together the Top 10 Dresser Makeovers I have blogged about.  I hope it inspires you to try painting a dresser!  (I did inspire my husband and BFF)


Click on the photos to go to the original post.
My husband painted this Phillies sports theme dresser!


I painted this dresser with Safe Paint (milk paint for walls) in Bayberry Green.

This dresser was painted with homemade chalk paint and then stenciled with the numbers.

Another dresser painted by my husband!

This rustic grey dresser is my absolute favorite makeover I ever did!

This dresser was painted in Posh Red.  It was the first time I ever filled old hardware holes.

Another beauty in the Posh Red.  I also used the technique where I add painted lines over the stained top to hide flaws.

This Empire dresser makeover is one of my most popular posts!

My BFF did this knock off makeover and saved herself a ton of money.

Finally my cream dresser that I added a sweet plaid on the sides by using painters tape.
Linking to:
DIY Showoff
Too Much Time On My Hands
Silver Pennies
Dwellings
I Should Be Mopping The Floors
Creative Home Expressions
Craft-O-Maniac
The Dedicated House
Coastal Charm
Cozy Little House
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Kammy's Korner
Not Just A Housewife
Hickory Trail
The Winthrop Chronicles
Kathe With An E
Elizabeth & Co.
The DIY Dreamer
Fluster Buster
Savvy Southern Style
Yellow Bliss Road
Rain On A Tin Roof
Love Grows Wild
Not Done Growing
Southern Lovely
Polkadots On Parade
The Real Housewives of Riverton
Lilyfield Life
I Gotta Create
Mom On Timeout
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Green Willow Pond
Domestic Superhero
Lamberts Lately
Living Well Spending Less
Saving4six
House of Hepworths
Dorothy Sue & Millie B's Too
Start At Home
Miss Mustard Seed
The Shabby Nest
Liz Marie
Redoux
Lovely Crafty Home
Finding Fabulous
Funky Junk

Featured by:
Silver Pennies
Kammy's Korner
Dorothy Sue and Mille B's Too
Lovely Crafty Home

15 comments:

  1. they are all so beautiful! I think my favorite is the red one with the painted red lines on top.....but then again..... oh, I can't choose! they're all awesome and you ROCK!

    Suzie @ Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them! I always enjoy seeing what you do with dressers. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great! You always do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased an "antiqued" yellow and gold dresser several years ago at a used furniture store and my husband has always hated it. Recently I painted it with some leftover white and spray painted the brass hardware black. Now it is extra storage in our kitchen and he loves it because I didn't go out and buy something new instead! Baby steps. Love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I was just telling my daughter that I really need to redo her dresser. I'll have to stick around and get some good tips and ideas! :) Saw on Hickory Trail party.

    Gina @ Gina's Craft Corner
    http://ginascraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas for makeovers here. Especially liked the NYC themed dresser. Thanks for sharing.

    We'd like to invite you to Turn Old Into Awesome and win a fabulous prize package! The Whimsical Peacock and My Personal Accent are sponsoring the Dare to be Different, Up-cycling Challenge. Ends 8/12. See post for a complete list of challenge rules and prizes http://wp.me/p2Vf55-TQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of them! That baseball one is especially great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever! I was just eying an old desk in my craft room and thinking about all your projects.... you are an inspiration!

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection of dressers! I know exactly what you mean. It is like that million dollar moment when the drawers go back in! Love them all, especially - the posh red and the plaid one! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all so pretty! Love the posh red with crystal knobs!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. some great makeovers there. thanks for linking up.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dressers are my very favorites too! What a great round-up of beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your dresser redo's. My favorite is the first red one. Great lines on that dresser! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there... Just wanted to let you know that I featured this on my CCC Link Party. Here is the link... http://dorothysueandmillieb.blogspot.com/2013/07/clever-crafty-and-creative-linky-party-3.html

    Please stop by and grab an "I've been featured button" and link up some more of your fabulous posts!!!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Suzie @ Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, Love, Love all your redos and creativity :) Thanks for sharing your paint recipe for the chalk paint!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all your comments. I now reply to all comments on the blog post, so please check back if you asked questions for my response.
Thank you!