My first little sample pot of ASCP was Versailles. I mentioned in my post about the cabinet I painted that I filled the paint pot back up with the water I was dipping the paint brush in. I made sure I got all the pigment that was at the bottom of my water cup thinking somehow I was getting more paint for my money.
This bright idea of mine did something to the paint. I painted two coats on a shelf with the Versailles and then sanded it for a slightly distressed look. When I started to wax it, the paint wiped off with the wax. Taking if from slightly distressed to a whole different level of distressed!
This is how it came out.
I was freaking out because it really was not the look I was going for. But I didn't want to paint it again. I just kept going with the clear wax, added a coat of dark wax and brought it in to sell at the consignment shop. The owner thought it was great and it sold a few weeks later. Go figure!
Primitive & Proper
Under The Table and Dreaming
Liz Marie Blog
Beyond the Picket Fence