Monday, April 21, 2014

Secondhand Scores #28

When I was a kid my parents went to garage sales all the time.  I admit I was totally embarrassed by it.  I never really bothered going regularly until after I had my son.  I realized I could get clothes and toys and things for him for pennies on the dollar and that is when my love for secondhand was born.

Garage sales are my favorite but I also go to flea markets, thrift stores and auctions.  I am always on the hunt for furniture to paint, stuff for myself, my house, my kids and unique items that I could put to future use.  I love the thrill of finding something that was once very expensive for as little money as possible.


In this series, I will share my scores to show you how much you could get for your hard earned money.  Some days I hit jackpots, some days I get nothing, but I always have fun.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


There was another church sale over the weekend. Their prices were crazy cheap and I had to force myself to put some things back as I knew I was wanting them because the prices were so low--not that I would need them. This is what I got:

  • Two wire shelves $.50 total
  • Canvas beach bag $.25
  • Wood tray (for my kids to use in the car) $.50
  • Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 $.25
  • Bag of turquoise color beads $.25
  • Two Tupperware containers $1 total
  • Brand new head phones $1
  • Quilt coverlet and plush blanket from How To Train Your Dragon movie $1.00 total (can never have too many extra blankets)
  • Pink plastic case (for my daughter) $.25
At the Sunday auction I scored these two pieces. Both the table and trunk were $1 each. So far my son wants the trunk, but if he changes his mind, I plan to add casters to the bottom to make it a coffee table. Of course I will paint both pieces.

Linking to:
Sir Thrift A Lot | DIY Showoff | Silver Pennies | Craft-O-Maniac | I Should Be Mopping The Floor | Creative Home Expressions | Dwellings | Pink When | Rain On A Tin Roof | Homecoming | The Dedicated House | Coastal Charm | Cozy Little House | A Stroll Through Life | Love Grows Wild | Table For Seven | Kammy's Korner | VMG206 | Not Just A Housewife | The Winthrop Chronicles | Elizabeth & Co. | The DIY Dreamer | Home Stories Z to Z | Art Is Beauty | Ella Claire | Savvy Southern Style | Fluster Buster | Polka Dots On Parade | Ivy And Elephants | The Real Housewives of Riverton | The Happy Housie | Lamberts Lately | Sweet Haute | Saving 4 Six | Start At Home | I Gotta Create | Domestic Superhero | Living Well Spending Less | Just Between Friends | Redoux Interiors | The Thrifty Groove | Liz Marie | The Shabby Nest | Miss Mustard Seed | The Pin Junkie | Craft Dictator | Crafty Allie | Lovely Crafty Home | Remodelaholic | One Project Closer | Today's Creative Blog | DIY Vintage Chic | Funky Junk Interiors | Too Much Time On My Hands 

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your son will change his mind. That trunk would make a great coffee table! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome finds..I love yard sales......bring em on!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all your comments. I now reply to all comments on the blog post, so please check back if you asked questions for my response.
Thank you!