Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Secondhand Scores #27

When I was a kid my parents went to garage sales all the time.  I admit I was totally embarrassed by it.  I never really bothered going regularly until after I had my son.  I realized I could get clothes and toys and things for him for pennies on the dollar and that is when my love for secondhand was born.

Garage sales are my favorite but I also go to flea markets, thrift stores and auctions.  I am always on the hunt for furniture to paint, stuff for myself, my house, my kids and unique items that I could put to future use.  I love the thrill of finding something that was once very expensive for as little money as possible.


In this series, I will share my scores to show you how much you could get for your hard earned money.  Some days I hit jackpots, some days I get nothing, but I always have fun.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


There is a local church that runs a sale every year to raise money. This was perfect for this past Saturday because it was pretty cold and they have it indoors.

I do have to say the prices are all over the place. Some things are cheap, some are totally overpriced. I didn't get much, but what I got were pretty good deals.

  • Stack of wire drawers $2!!
    • The stack of wire drawers are going to be used in my craft room/office. I hope to get this room reorganized to make better use of the space.
  • Phillies license plate $1
    • To be used on a future sports theme furniture redo.
  • Wire wall basket and big bag of pom poms $1
  • 10 books on CD (not pictured) $10
    • This is a major score for me as I do a lot of long distance driving and nothing makes the trip go faster than a book on CD!



Linking to:
Sir Thrift A LotDIY Showoff | Silver Pennies | Craft-O-Maniac | I Should Be Mopping The Floor | Creative Home Expressions | Dwellings | Pink When | Rain On A Tin Roof | Homecoming | The Dedicated House | Coastal Charm | Cozy Little House | A Stroll Through Life | Love Grows Wild | Table For Seven | Kammy's Korner | VMG206 | Not Just A Housewife | The Winthrop Chronicles | Elizabeth & Co. | The DIY Dreamer | Home Stories Z to Z | Art Is Beauty | Ella Claire | Savvy Southern Style | Fluster Buster | Polka Dots On Parade | Ivy And Elephants | The Real Housewives of Riverton | The Happy Housie | Lamberts Lately | Sweet Haute | Saving 4 Six | Start At Home | I Gotta Create | Domestic Superhero | Living Well Spending Less | Just Between Friends | Redoux Interiors | The Thrifty Groove | Liz Marie | The Shabby Nest | Miss Mustard Seed | The Pin Junkie | Craft Dictator | Crafty Allie | Lovely Crafty Home | Remodelaholic | One Project Closer | Today's Creative Blog | DIY Vintage Chic | Funky Junk Interiors | Too Much Time On My Hands 

8 comments:

  1. I think I have that same wire shelf! I'll be interested to see how you use it in your craft room. I have to rapidly get mine cleaned up as we are putting our house on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am new to your blog. I am also your newest follower. I love to hit garage sales, estate sales and flea markets also. You got some good stuff. Enjoy!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Visiting via TTF :) Hope you have a great week-end and make some more scores!
    Diana
    Adirondack Girl @ Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thrifting and finding such great deals. Thanks for sharing at TTF~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I could definitely put those wire drawers to good use!
    Visiting from TTF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when thrift stores or sales have bags of goodies like that. We call them bags of treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome finds! I used to be embarrassed by garage sales with my mom and grandma too. But now....I'm on it!! Thanks for sharing with us on DIY Sunday Showcase!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that big drawer thing! -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all your comments. I now reply to all comments on the blog post, so please check back if you asked questions for my response.
Thank you!